physician and surgeon, Keosauqua; born Feb. 23, 1844, in Muskingum Co., Ohio; his parents moved into Holmes Co., in 1852, and from there to this county in 1858, and settled in the western part of the township; he commenced the study of medicine under Dr. Whitton, of Doud's Station, in 1867, and subsequently attended lectures at the medical college at Keokuk, where he graduated Feb. 2, 1870; commenced practicing at Newbern, Marion Co., Iowa, in the spring of 1870; returned to Cantril in 1872, and went to El Paso, Colo., in 1874, where he remained till June, 1877, and then came to Keosauqua. Mr. Robertson, at his county's call, enlisted in Co. H, of the 3d Iowa V. C.; was at the battles of Mooresville and Kirksville, Mo., Little Rock, Ark., Guntown and Tupelo, Miss., Pea Ridge, Ark., Selma, Ala.; was discharged in the fall of 1865. Was married to Mary A. Park, of this county, Oct. 11, 1870; she was born Feb. 26, 1846, in Guernsey Co., Ohio; have two children living - Hugh L. and an infant; lost one, Clarence A. Member of the United Presbyterian Church; Republican.